Corona Virus Information
26th March 2020
Council Offices & Fairway Hall
The Town Council has taken the difficult decision to temporarily close Fairway Hall and the Town Council Offices as of immediate effect.
We will continue to monitor closely and act upon the latest Government advice and we apologise for any inconvenience.
Updated information will appear on this page as it becomes available.
Our emails will be monitored remotely by staff working from home. Please bear with us as it may take longer to respond to any enquiries during this time.
We are in the process of contacting all future bookings for Fairway Hall to discuss your bookings. All bookings will be fully refunded in due course.
Any planned meetings and events are cancelled until further notice.
Allotment holders that are self-isolating MUST NOT visit the Allotment sites for any reason
It is important that anyone attending the allotment takes care to stay the appropriate distance from others, avoid body contact and wash hands at taps, do not wash hands or use detergents in the water tanks and please pay attention to notice boards
It is essential that no un-authorised people are allowed onto the plots for the duration of this emergency, if you do wish to bring someone to assist with work on the plot, please ensure that that this is notified to the Town Council. Careful consideration should be given to introducing anyone over 70, those with underlying illness or pregnant women.
Members should take the following precautionary measures :
- Keep hand sanitiser in your shed and wash your hands regularly
- Use hand sanitiser before opening and closing any gate locks
- DO NOT gather together for a chat even if you are 2 metres apart CLICK HERE for guidance
- Observe “Social Distancing” with each other 2-3 metres
- If you take your children to the plot, ensure that they stay within its confines and do not run around on communal paths and spaces.
- Do not share tools
- Minimise the contact with each other for example no handshakes
- Do not wash your hands in water troughs
For more guidance visit https://www.nsalg.org.uk/news/covid19-information