Elstree & Borehamwood Youth Council aims to comment on current local youth issues, giving the local youth a voice, and also to undertake some projects to the benefit of local youngsters.
The Town Council believes that as the future of our communities it is important to invest in young people.
Youth Councils enable Young People to;
• Voice their concerns
• Participate in local government
• Be empowered to take decisions and action to improve their local
Youth Councils enable Local Councils to;
• Truly represent the whole of the community they live in
• Become more vibrant, modern and dynamic
• Encourage young people to vote and become councillors when they are old enough
• Improve services to young people
Youth Councils enables the Local Community to;
• Become safer and more sustainable
• More vibrant and progressive
• Improve services and be more representative
The qualifying age range of a Youth Councillor is from their 10th birthday (if in year 6 of primary school) to their 19th birthday.
Anyone within this range and residing or at school in Elstree or Borehamwood, is eligible.
We meet monthly and welcome new members to join us - to register your interest please email the Town Council -