The Council has Allotment Sites at Melrose Avenue (Borehamwood) and Allum Lane (Elstree) which it leases to residents for growing fruit and vegetables.
The benefits of having an allotment include:
- cheap source of fresh produce
- an opportunity to spend time outside enjoying nature
- a sense of achievement and well-being
- an opportunity to meet people from all walks of life
- environment benefits by providing green spaces and wildlife habitats
- gardening is a good form of exercise
To find out more about the Allotments or to go on the Waiting List for a plot, please contact the Council Offices
2014 Allotment Winnersh must be guided so they dont if it chooses to h.
le walking up and down the site the following morning.
Best Kept – Mr Woolveridge
Best Grown – Mr Worley
Best Effort – Mr Gallagher
Best Plot – Mr Pop
Most Produce – Mr Beyzade